How do I troubleshoot my HP printer connection?
These steps are helpful when your printer is offline or when you’ve switched wifi networks.
Restart your devices:
- Turn the printer off for at least 10 seconds.
- Disconnect the printer’s power cord.
- Turn off the computer or device you are printing from.
- Reconnect the printer’s power cord and turn the printer back on.
- Turn on your computer or device again.
- Connect the printer to your wifi network.
Restart your printer (touchscreen):
- Press wireless icon (antena with rays.)
- Touch the setup icon (gear.)
- Select ‘Restore Network Defaults’ or ‘Restore Network Settings.’
- Press ‘Yes.’
- Once settings are restored, touch the back arrow, go to ‘Wireless Settings’ then ‘Wireless Setup Wizard.’
- Touch the name of your wireless network.