How to Fix Low Ink Warning With Dell Ink Cartridges
It is very common for Dell ink cartridges to incorrectly display ink levels. If you ink level appears to be empty on the Printer Software please ignore this message & follow the instructions below to turn off or minimize the warning dialog box (please note, this works for the Dell M4640 & M4646 ink cartridges):
- In Windows XP. Select Start.
- Select Printers & Faxes (or open the Control Panel and select the Printers & Faxes folder)
- Select your Dell printer.
- Click FILE on the top right corner and select Printing Preferences from the pull down menu.
- Select Advanced Options Tab.
- Click on More Options.
- Select one of the following two options.
- a. Never Display the print status
- b. Display the printing status minimized in task bar.
- Press OK, Press OK, and close windows.
Reserve Tank Message
If you are getting a "Reserve Tank" message, follow these instructions:
- Check the box next to the Following Text... (Don't Display this dialog) and click Continue Printing.