How to Print Screen - for Windows (PC), Mac, and Phone
Print Screen (or “screen capture”) is a useful tool for taking a picture of whatever is currently on your screen. It can be used to capture something you’d like to share, or to save something for later reference. Here’s how to print screen on a PC, Mac, and Phone.
How to print screen on Windows:
- Press the PrtScn (Print Screen) key on your keyboard. This key is usually located in the top row of your keyboard, above the F1-F12 keys.
- Open an image editing program like Microsoft Paint or Photoshop.
- Press Ctrl + V to paste the image onto the canvas.
- If you want to save the image, go to File > Save As and choose a file type (e.g. JPEG, GIF, etc.).
- Press Command + Shift + 3. This will take a screenshot of your whole screen, and save it to your desktop.
- If you want to take a screenshot of a specific area of the screen, press Command + Shift + 4. A crosshair will appear, which you can drag to select the area you want to capture.
- If you want to save the image, open it in Preview or an image editing program like Photoshop. Then go to File > Save As and choose a file type (e.g. JPEG, GIF, etc.).
- Open the screen you want to capture.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time. This will take a screenshot of the screen you have open.
- To view the screenshot, go to your phone’s Gallery or Photos app.
- If you want to save the image, open it in your photo editing app and save it as a file type (e.g. JPEG, GIF, etc.).