The Micro 3D Printer
The Micro 3D Printer, or M3D for short, is a leading compact desktop 3D printer. Created by Michael Armani and David Jones, Castle Ink is pleased to announce that we are an affiliate of this innovative product. It currently comes in 5 colors: Silver, Blue, Orange, Black, and Green. Compatible with both PLA and ABS filament, the printer is available for $349. Click here to pre-order yours today!TECHNICAL SPECS
Technical Specifications for the Micro3D are as follows:
- Printer Dimensions: Cube,7.3in (185mm) per side
- Printer Weight: 2.2lb (1kg)
- Power: External power supply; Each order will include a power supply that's compatible with the voltage at your shipping location—in the US, that will be a 120V supply,and for most of Europe and the rest of the world, it will be 220V.
- Printer Colors Available: Silver, Black, Blue, Orange, and Green
- PrintBed: self-leveling, replaceable & non-heated X/Y Positioning
- Resolution: 15 microns
- LayerResolution: 50 to 350microns (150-250 micron resolution for the best quality)
Micromotion chip provides completely automatic leveling and calibration.
- Print Dimensions: Print height:116mm (4.6"); Base Print Area: 109mm x 113mm (4.3"x4.5?); Print Area Above 74mm: 91mm x 84mm(3.6?x3.3?);
- Country of Origin: Designed and assembled in the USA using a combination of custom imported and domestic components
- Certifications: UL, FCC, CEM
3DSoftware: Provided with the printer via website download; fully touchscreen-capable with a minimalist and simple-to use interface. It allows you to search and browse countless objects online, and to organize the 3D models you've downloaded into an easy to view library. Many enthusiastic designers already design and upload new models on a daily basis. They are free and readily available to print through our search engine. Just pick a model, drag it in to the printer, adjust the model if needed, and hit
.Advanced users can use the expert settings as well as other software such as open-source slicers. If you want to develop your own models, you will need to use a separate program. You can use almost any modeling software along with the M3D software as long as you export your designs ina supported format.
- OperatingSystems: Windows (7,8), Mac, Linux
- 3D Model File Formats Supported: STL and OBJ
- USB: 2.0
- Filament Materials Supported: 1.75mm filaments in ABS, PLA, HIPS & Nylon. Metal & Wood filaments are NOT supported. Our M3D Micro-sized filament spools are recommended but other filaments can be fed externally.
- Micro-sized Filament SpoolWeight: 0.5lb