Why is my printer offline?
When your printer is offline, it is having connectivity trouble. Make sure to double check the computer-printer connection. Below are some ways to resolve this issue depending upon the type of printer.
For all types of printers:
- Restart your printer.
- Clear print jobs.
- Remove and reinstall printer. Remove your printer from your computer and re-add again.
For a printer with a wireless connection:
- On your printer, go to ‘settings’ and make sure the printer is connected to wifi.
- Additionally, you can print-out a detailed status update with current printer logistics which may help you bring the printer back online.
For a printer with a wire connection:
- Make sure the network cable that connects the printer to the router is intact.
- Check the USB cable that connects your computer to the printer.
- If these don’t work, try moving cables to different ports.