How do you bypass an incompatible HP ink cartridge?
Firstly, make sure the ink cartridge has all of the plastic coverings off, is wiped down with a cotton ball or another soft, scratch-proof material.
Here is a general procedure to override the incompatible HP ink cartridge:
- Remove all of the cartridges from the printer.
- Place the incompatible ink cartridge back in the printer.
- Power off the printer and unplug its power cord from the wall-- wait 10-15 minutes.
- Plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.
- Insert the next incompatible ink cartridge, one at a time. Make sure to insert the incompatible ink cartridges, one at a time, first. The working ones can be saved for later.
- Power off the printer for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Keep it plugged in.
- If your printer uses more than two cartridges, repeat steps 5 and 6 until all of the ink cartridges are successfully installed.
From your non-Mac computer:
- On your computer under ‘control panel or settings,’ visit printer settings.
- Find ‘printer properties’ or ‘advanced printer settings.’
- Click on ‘ports’ and disable.
- Enable ‘bidirectional support’-- happy printing!
From your HP Smart App:
- Open your app and go to ‘printer status.’
- On the app, press the printer with the incompatible ink cartridge.
- Go to your printer and disconnect the printer from wifi.
- Reconnect the printer to wifi-- this should help-- happy printing!
Need to order more HP ink cartridges? Here are some of our most popular cartridges: