How to Fix Printer Not Responding Error
When your printer fails to respond be sure to check out this video for information about how to fix this issue. This can be applied to all printers, but in this case it's a Canon printer not responding.
If your printer fails to respond to a job:
- Check that all printer cables are connected properly and be sure that the printer is turned on.
- If everything is connected properly and powered up, go to the computer's "control panel" from the "start" menu. Choose "printers" and be sure that your printer is selected as the default.
- If everything checks out in the control panel, right click on your printer icon and select "properties." Click on the "details" or "port" tab and make sure that the correct port is checked off. Next, double click on the printer icon, which will bring up a list of current jobs in the print queue. Cancel all documents and try printing again.
- If your printer is attached by USB port, you may try connecting to other USB ports.
- Check your ink cartridges - are they installed correctly?