Best Buy Ink Cartridge Recycling Program
Best Buy offers ink cartridge recycling at all of their stores. For every cartridge you return you'll receive a $2 coupon, plus, My Best Buy loyalty program members get 15% off the purchase of new ink. Only one coupon may be spent per $40 worth of new ink or toner. Please note, there is a limit of three items per household per day. Recycling is intended for residents only. Products from businesses and organizations, or items that present a health or safety hazard are not accepted. The recycling policy varies for certain states; to see if there are additional restrictions for your state, click here.
Also, Best Buy is currently offing 15% off new HP inkjet printers when you bring in any used printer for recycling. Simply take your old printer to Customer Service in a Best Buy store, and you'll receive a receipt coupon for 15% off the current price of an HP inkjet printer.
And there is more for HP printer users, there is a special, in-store only deal:
Recycle and save $6 on your in-store purchase of HP ink cartridges totaling $60 or more, or HP toner totaling $200 or more. Here are the details:
Standard cartridge recycling offer: Receive a $2 coupon toward your in-store purchase of $40 or more of ink and toner for each qualifying cartridge you recycle.
Limited-time offer: $6 savings given per recycled cartridge and applicable on each in-store purchase of $60 or more in HP ink cartridges or $200 or more in HP toner.
Limit of 5 recycled cartridges per customer. Markdowns taken from regular prices; cannot be combined with other offers. Not available in all locations and some stores may have additional limitations. Excludes Best Buy Outlet items.
Why Recycle Ink Cartridges?
- Environmental Impact: Recycling helps reduce landfill waste and the harmful effects of improper disposal.
- Conservation: Recycling cartridges saves resources by reducing the need for new materials.
- Convenience: Best Buy makes it easy to recycle cartridges while shopping for new ones.
Benefits of Recycling at Best Buy
- Easy and Free: The program is a free service provided by Best Buy, making recycling effortless.
- Rewards Program: Participants in Best Buy's rewards program may receive points or discounts for recycling.
- Support Green Initiatives: By recycling, you contribute to Best Buy's commitment to environmental sustainability.
- Check Cartridge Type: Ensure your cartridges are acceptable. Most inkjet and laser printer cartridges are eligible, but it’s best to check with your local store.
- Consider Bulk Recycling: If you have a large number of cartridges, contact the store ahead of time to ensure they can accommodate your recycling needs.
- Explore Other Recycling Programs: Best Buy also offers recycling for electronics, batteries, and more. Take advantage of these programs to further reduce your environmental footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there a cost to recycle ink cartridges at Best Buy?
A: No, the program is free to all customers.
Q: Can I recycle any brand of ink cartridge at Best Buy?
A: Generally, yes, but it's always a good idea to check with your local store for any specific brand restrictions.
Q: Do I get any rewards for recycling my cartridges at Best Buy?
A: Members of Best Buy's rewards program may be eligible for points or discounts. Check the program’s terms for details.
Remember, this program is subject to change, and it's always best to verify the details with your local Best Buy store or on their official website for the most current information.