Why does my printer not recognize my ink cartridge?
Your printer most likely does not recognize your ink cartridge because of either an installation error or something needs to be reset. Follow the steps below so your printer will be able to recognize its ink cartridge once again.
- The ink cartridge was installed incorrectly. You may have put the cartridge in the wrong place or installed it upside down.
- Make sure to remove all of the plastic, packaging, or protective coverings from the ink cartridge.
- Double check the instructions to ensure you are placing the ink cartridge in its designated location.
- The printer needs to undergo a hard reset. A hard reset is a more powerful reset than a traditional reset. It does not delete any printer data.
- Take all of the ink cartridges out.
- With the printer on, carefully detach the power cord from the back of the printer.
- Unplug the printer cord from the power outlet in the wall.
- The ink cartridge needs to be reset.
- Using a paper clip or another small, sharp object, press the reset button on the cartridge.